Tuesday, 6 January 2009

Our new addition has a name!



Ready for it? After much thought, and some input from you out there... well Joanna I have decided to call Brother NX400...



BILLY!!!!


It had to be, as Joanna from Applique Today suggested... Brother Billy... mmmhmm quite cute. Then she said her Dad's name is Bill... Mmmm. And then thats a bit spooky because my Dad's name was William, and about a week or so before Christmas I got a funny email saying someone thought they might be related to me. Yeah right I thought, you and every other Nigerian scammer, trying to get your hands on my millions (of cents). But then I read on and yes in fact this lady from Australia is in fact related to me, and she didnt ask for my bank account number or anything! It turns out that we are FIRST cousins, and we had no idea each of our families existed. Its a very long and interesting story about 3 brothers, one of whom was my father. He was in the Merchant Navy and jumped ship in Wellington and joined the NZ army (before WWII) then went to London married my mother and they both moved back to NZ. My father never spoke of his family. (Terrible upbringing), and never saw or contacted his brothers again. One of the brothers went to Australia and the other stayed in the UK. They all died not knowing where the others were. Then Marie in Australia and Peter in the UK, found each other, and after searching solidly for about 5 years found us. It was her last ditch attempt to find out what happened to my father, and it was a fantastic outcome. There is a lot more to this story and we are finally finding our ancestory so I couldn't be happier. Sadly my darling mum is not here to know we are all found but I think she and my dad may be smiling down from where they are....

1 comment:

Jeni said...

How funny is your story.... my grandfather (mothers side also a merchant sailor ..jump ship in NZ)(English)... had 2 wives......goes on and on....
but I do love your new machine ...happy stitching
Jeni