Friday, 24 April 2009

Polka Dot Headbands and Vogels Bread


A few of the blogs I have been reading have all been suffering from some sort of block in the craft department. Jodie from Ric Rac calls it EITTTS. Everything I Touch Turns To S***. Then Sandra over at Pepperberry & Co calls it Craflu. My personal favourite is Craft Paralysis, because I get to my sewing room and then turn around, head for the kitchen, pop the kettle on and have a bit of rummage in the barren pantry for something that's really bad for me. Most crafters who are suffering from any, or even all of these debilitating conditions have been prescribed a good dose of chocolate, taken at regular intervals until symptoms cease. I suffer from an equally torturous condition that means I can't eat chocolate, otherwise my chest bursts into flames and I spend the next 2 weeks propped up trying to sleep on 8 pillows. My intolerance to the Craft Paralysis prescription, leaves me feeling needing, and so in desperation I will turn to Peanut Butter and Honey on Vogels. (You kiwis will know what I'm on about here.) It's not ideal but you have to get that sugar and fat fix where you can.
Well it may have started to kick in because I made a couple of headbands yesterday for Little Busy and her cousin. And then because they went so well I made another one for my friend Jos's girl too. Now I'm not saying I have been cured by PB & H on Vogels, but its a start. I'm not sure what the remedy is, but I also find it really difficult to start cutting into fabric. Which is ridiculous because I am a bit embarrassed by my stash now, and I need to start using it. I'm not alone here because Sandra said she understands and has bought some discontinued fabric. I nearly broke out in hives when she told me. I mean how could you ever go near it with a pair of scissors? Anyway I'm off. The kettle's just boiled!! : )

**** UPDATE****Please note because I was banging on about Craft Paralysis I failed to mention that the headband tutorial came courtesy of foofangle who was generous enough to post a tutorial with a template to download. I cannot take credit for being fantastic all on my own!!

4 comments:

Sandra @ Pepperberry & Co. said...

Oh no! What is it in chocolate that you can't eat? I'm vegan, which means no dairy, but I have quite a phenomenal amount of replacement chocolate products. Maybe you can find something similar?

Those headbands are simply stunning. Is there any way I could ask for a tutorial? :-) Pretty please? :-)

Gluten Free Store Ltd www.glutenfreestore.co.nz said...

Actually that is very naughty of me because I should have said that I got this headband tutorial from another generous blogger, so consider my hand slapped. I shall adjust my post accordingly!!! Apologies :(

Jodie said...

aha, perhaps you need the wine or beer remedy...

Princess kirstie jane said...

ah yes Sometime I think it would be better for me to have a play space further away from the kitchen so that I don't just drift in there. I also have struggle with not using my beautiful vintage stash but have recently taken to it with gusto after a friend lost all her stash in the fires in victoria. She can't do anything with the ashes now. It is a fabrics purpose to be used and we all want to find our calling in life don't we? Fabric included I think.