Monday, 20 April 2009

Love is a beautiful thing - Da da dada da - dada...

Sorry about the terrible singing. I was down in Howick village this morning picking up the photo books that I did on Snapfish, (which turned out brilliantly I might add), and as is usual for me and the kids, we had to pop into Joes Emporium, and the Salvation Army store. I found this piece of fabric in the "Make an Offer" box! The lady suggested $1, and I said yes please, and I got 2 and a bit metres. Now what shall I make? I'm thinking a skirt. Nice simple A line? I'm not sure do you think it might be too much of a statement on the body? Anyway I am really in love with it.



I'm embarrassed to say that I have enough fabric to sink a battle ship, but you know what its like, I just can't pass it by. I saw another piece of nice fabric in the St Vincent De Paul op shop on Saturday, that I didn't buy and then kicked myself.
I also bought some Du Kit which the kids and I have had a bit of fun with this avo. I remember my Mum buying me Fimo, when I was about 11 and off school sick, and I made all manner of brooches and things, and I have been wanting to let the kids have a go at it for ages. (I will post photos soon). Well the junior Buzy's had a great time, creating with this polymer clay, and I even made some little red white and blue buttons. Seeing as though the weather has packed up somewhat, it has been a raging success!
I have been a bit barren in the sewing department, but I did whip up this wheat bag for a friend. It was her birthday on Easter Saturday, but she has been away on holiday. I don't think she reads my blog, so I'm not worried about her seeing this.



I know its not really anything to write home about, but its something I suppose. Oh and I did make the kids quite cute swimming bags, but will have to put a pic of them on when I show you the Du Kit creations.

2 comments:

Little Miss Flossy said...

$1! It's gorgeous, fits right in to that whole 70s vibe we've got going on at the moment. What about some kind of tunic or simple dress that you could wear with jeans and boots?

Joanna said...

I am completely in love with that fabric! You're lucky I wasn't there at the same time - I would have grabbed it out of your hands and started a bidding war! lol!!!