Wednesday, 4 November 2009

An update on the drama...

Remember this. Things have been a bit tense around here the last couple of days. Billy went in for "therapy", and I haven't heard a peep since around the middle of October. They say absence makes the heart grow fonder, and yes it does, but also a little stir crazy as well. Anyway I phoned up the "fix it place", and there was a lot of dithering about and general "not being able to find the folder" carry on. The folder is an important part of our reconciliation here, because it held all our details, like where to contact me when Billy was ready to come home. I also handed over some very important documentation, like the receipt and warranty, of which I had no copy. You can see the panic that was starting to rise when in fact they could find no evidence of Billy's lengthy stay. Oh yeah there were promises that they would call me back in the morning, and all that, but I knew. I knew in my heart that things were not right. That perhaps Billy might not be coming home after all. After a rather terse message left on the "Head Honcho's" voice mail. I got a call back a few hours later.
Billy has decided not to return to our relationship. But they have another Billy all jacked up, apparently this one doesn't have any hangups with his motor, and is ready to be picked up and taken home, and this time very much appreciated.

TRANSLATION:
Phoned Spotlight yesterday.
Spotlight could not find paper work regarding my faulty sewing machine which went in for repair mid October.
Said shop did not ring back.
I rang Head Office and a nice girl called Angela sorted it all out. (Note: always go to the top)
Billy (sewing machine) had been lost.
They were replacing my Brother 4200 with a brand new one.
Ready to be picked up tomorrow.

RESULT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A fantastic result at that. Congrats Liz - that's great. Almost worth all the hassle and stress you've been through.

Little Miss Flossy said...

Brand new!!!!!! That's such a great outcome.

Joanna said...

Woo Hoo!! Can I get my machine accidentally lost too?! Great outcome!